Thursday, August 9, 2007

To polish his tarnished reputation

I feel I need to share a few more quotes from C, so that you know the kind of kid he normally is. I don't want you to get the wrong impression of him from the previous post.

Tonight he was washing his hands getting ready for bed, and wasn't standing on his step stool, so I helped him reach the soap. He said, "Thanks mom. I appreciate you."

Yesterday as we were hanging out in the evening, he turned to me and said sincerely, "You're a good mom."

Man, I love this kid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's adorable.

My 2 1/2 year old said something similar to me that helped me get through a bad day. Had the flu, was unable to engage in play with him and I apologized to him for being too ill to really interact. He looked me right in the eye and said, "You're a good mommy."

My heart melted!